Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Trinka, Mike R" <mi...@lmco.com> on 2003/09/19 17:34:24 UTC

Persistence plugin

Hi all, I have been extremely impressed with Jetspeed's malleability so far.
It seems that every modification is very easy to implement, but now I am
stumped, so here goes:

I have set up Jetspeed to use an Oracle database, and everything seems to be
working.  However, I would like to get away from using a blob to store the
psml.  I know that Jetspeed 2 will use a persistence plugin to allow this,
but I also read on the dev list that the persistence plugin can be used in a
Jetspeed 1 project, because it can be a standalone thing.  Is there a list
of things that need to be changed to implement this?  If so, where?

I originally thought that a re-write of DatabasePsmlManagerService would be
necessary, but this has me hoping otherwise.  I have a need to implement
this before the end of the year, and I will want to migrate to Jetspeed 2
when it is ready, so I would like to make the transition as painless as
possible.  I figured this would accomplish both goals, if it is possible.

Any hints or guidance or points in the right direction would be helpful.
Thanks.

-Mike Trinka