Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Christopher Abraham <CA...@CreativeSolutions.com> on 2001/09/21 18:06:23 UTC

local-*.xreg handled how?

This regards jetspeed 1.3.a2 running in Tomcat 3.23 environment:

I thought I understood how local-portlets.xreg and the like relate to
portlets.xreg, etc.
But now I'm not sure. I was under the impression that local*.xreg files were
one-way feeds that allowed the insertion of new registry items into *.xreg
files without the need for a "bounce".

Can anyone explain how jetspeed handles these files?

In particular, I don't understand when or why local-portlets.xreg gets
overwritten during runtime, and I don't seem to be able to add abstract
portlets to local-portlets.

Re: local-*.xreg handled how?

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mikon.com>.
Christopher,
In general a copy of local-portlet.xreg is maintained in memory.
Jetspeed periodically checks to see if the file has been updated (note
the timestamp in Windows has a 1 minute granularity).  At shutdown
local-portlet.xreg is written from memory.  If a change has been made to
the file and Jetspeed has not updated it's in memory copy, then the
changes will be overwritten.

You can search the mailing list for addition information.
http://www.mail-archive.com

Paul Spencer