Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ray Madigan <ra...@madigans.org> on 2005/11/20 20:08:31 UTC

(OT) taglib
I know this is not a topic for this forum, I have posted this to the taglib
mailing list with no response.  In one week only a couple of posts were
made.  I am trying to use the <fmt:bundle tag multiple times on a page.  Has
amyone been successful at this?

The idea is that I have a concept of a unit where each unit has one dispatch
action, one action form, and one resource bundle.  Most of the time
resources for a page come from one bundle, but on a few pages, resources
need to be drawn from more then one bundle.  This allows me to keep the
bundles small, and only pay the price for more then one on these few pages.
The problem is, the second call to <fmt:bundle doesn't change the bundle
resource?  I have tried many alterntaives and can't get it to work.  It goes
something like thie:

<fmt:setLocale value='en'/>

<fmt:bundle basename='unitBaseName'>
</fmt:bundle>

<c:forEach var='unit' items='unitList'>
<fmt:bundle basename='${ unit.baseName }'>
</fmt:bundle>

</c:forEach>

<fmt:bundle basename='unitBaseName'>
</fmt:bundle>

I have tried usins setBundle as the top level Bundle and get the same
result.
I would very much appreciate any ideas

Thanks in advance
Ray Madigan