Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2014/02/21 17:26:00 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Commons Pool 2.2 RC2 as 2.2

2.2 fixes a few bugs and adds a new testOnCreate() feature that is
required by DBCP 2.

RC2 fixes/improves the following compared to RC1
- More clarity in release notes and index page on clients not using
  MBean interfaces
- Refactor migration notes so they don't need changing on every release
- Update to CP 33 (new skin)
- Use appropriate line endings in source distros
- Fix a typo

The Pool 2.2 RC2 is available for review here:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/pool/ (r4457)

Maven artifacts are here:
  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1009

Details of changes since 2.1 are in the release notes and changelog:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/pool/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
  http://people.apache.org/~markt/dev/pool-2.2-RC2-site/changes-report.html

 The tag is here:
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/pool/tags/POOL_2_2_RC2/
  (r 1570589)

 Site:
  http://people.apache.org/~markt/dev/pool-2.2-RC2-site
  (Broken links to Javadoc versions expected)

 KEYS:
  http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS

  Please review the release candidate and vote.
  This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now

  [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
  [ ] +0 OK, but...
  [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
  [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...

Cheers,

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Pool 2.2 RC2 as 2.2

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Unsurprisingly...

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Downloaded src zip, sig ok, hash ok. Builds ok. Reports ok.

Apache Maven 3.1.1 (0728685237757ffbf44136acec0402957f723d9a; 2013-09-17
11:22:22-0400)
Maven home: C:\Java\apache-maven-3.1.1\bin\..
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_51\jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"

Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Pool 2.2 RC2 as 2.2

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
+1
Phil

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2014-02-21, Mark Thomas wrote:

> The Pool 2.2 RC2 is available for review here:
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/pool/ (r4457)

> Maven artifacts are here:
>   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1009

> Details of changes since 2.1 are in the release notes and changelog:
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/pool/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>   http://people.apache.org/~markt/dev/pool-2.2-RC2-site/changes-report.html

>  The tag is here:
>   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/pool/tags/POOL_2_2_RC2/
>   (r 1570589)

+1

Stefan

[VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache Commons Pool 2.2 RC2 as 2.2

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
The following votes were cast:

Binding:
+1: markt, ggregory, psteitz, oheger, joehni, bodewig

No other votes were cast. This vote therefore passes.

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Build with Maven and ant is successful on Windows 8.1 with Java 1.7.
Artifacts and site look good.

+1

One minor point: I noticed that the binary distribution does not contain
the sources and the tests jars. IIRC, they were contained in RC1. Is
this by intension?

Oliver

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 21/02/2014 17:17, Gary Gregory wrote:
> Wait a sec, now that pool2 requires Java 6, why are we still shipping our
> own LinkedBlockingDeque instead of using the JRE?

Because we require access to the internals that aren't available if we
use the one from the JRE.

Mark

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 2:04 PM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 23/02/2014 15:15, sebb wrote:

> > The intention was to show the details of the workspace used to build
> > the release artifacts.
> > It relies on the build being done from a suitable workspace.
> >
> >> +1. Any idea how to stop it?
> >
> > IMO it would be better to try and find out why it did not work in this
> > case, and fix that.
>
> I suspect this is because I built the RC from an svn export rather than
> an svn checkout. Should be easy to fix next time.

That would explain it. We need to build from a checkout of the RC tag.

Gary

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

+1

builds from source with my compiler zoo.

However, the manifest contains the following line:

Implementation-Build: UNKNOWN_BRANCH@r??????; 2014-02-21 14:40:13+0000

Maybe we should stop adding it in future, is does not make sense.

- Jörg