Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Mike Hallan <mk...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2021/05/01 13:45:02 UTC

Reliable way to determine startup from Command Line or GUI

Hi, Can someone please tell me if there's a simple reliable way to determine at startup (e.g. in an Installer) whether the Netbeans application was started from the GUI or command line?
I'm using OptionProcessor and I thought that simply finding a mandatory parameter that my application expects only on command line would be sufficient. However, I've discovered (using debug) that initialization is asynchronous and the Installer can get called while still in OptionProcessor so I can't rely on having parsed the command line first
Is it possible to access whether start command contained "--nogui"?
Any suggestions please?