Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Alexandre Blum <ab...@4js.com> on 2000/07/03 16:31:33 UTC

Re: xerces C++ on HPUX and gcc 2.7.2

Didier,
I'm looking for the same things, but on HP10.20 with the gcc 2.95.2...

I've also a dummy question :

Why Xerces C++ is not compiled with the gcc on all unix platforms ?
On Solaris it works fine, so why not on HP or on AIX ?

Thanks,

Alexandre
Four J's Development Tools (www.4js.com)

Posted by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com>.
> I've also a dummy question :
>
> Why Xerces C++ is not compiled with the gcc on all unix platforms ?
> On Solaris it works fine, so why not on HP or on AIX ?

Every officially supported platform has a large cost in terms of build,
test, documentation, and packaging. Given that this is a completely free
package, there are limits to how many such official builds can be supported.
If you want it on that platform/compiler combo, you do it, contribute the
required build stuff back to Xerces, and support it over time. The open
source thing has to flow both ways in order to work.

Dean Roddey
The CIDLib C++ Frameworks
Charmed Quark Software
droddey@charmedquark.com
http://www.charmedquark.com

"You young, and you gotcha health. Whatchoo wanna job fer?"