Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> on 2001/06/01 23:12:39 UTC

Struts 1.0 Release Planning

I *really* wanted to have a 1.0 final release in time for JavaOne.  But
the recent events on the Apache server (a cracker got in), plus the fact
that rebuilding things took Bugzilla down for a while, has made that
basically impossible :-(.

Instead, what I would like to propose is to cut a Beta 3 release this
weekend, and give people a week to pound on it.  The target date for a 1.0
final release would be June 15 (a week after JavaOne).

Does that sound like a satisfactory plan to everyone?

Craig

Re: Struts 1.0 Release Planning

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Martin Cooper wrote:

> +1. Getting tight for us, but this will work. Anything I can do to help at
> this stage?

Pound the heck out of "beta 3" when I post it tomorrow, and report any
bugs you find to <http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/> :-).

If you've been monitoring the Bugzilla reports and watched which ones I'm
fixing, the *only* things going into 1.0 at this point are bug fixes.  I
don't want to introduce anything new and risk the stability we've reached
so far.

Craig

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@tumbleweed.com>.