Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Keith Andrew Kurzendoerfer <ke...@uky.edu> on 2004/09/23 20:00:30 UTC

Newbie Help

Hi:

I'm new to both XML and XML web hosting and need a lot of help.  Simply put, I'm trying to install a database server (Filemaker 7 Server Advanced) that requires xml and xslt stylesheets as a means to interact with the databases over the web.

Unfortuanetly, Our web server (OS X Server 10.3.5) is not processing the xml code.  It's just sending the code straight to the browser.  For example, see http://128.163.47.229/surveys/drock-new/.

I've been reading various sources including apache.org and xml.apache.org, but I'm having trouble understanding what I need.  I've tried installing cocoon, xerces, and axkit, but these are either not the correct applications, or the learning curve is to great for me to implement them correctly.

Can anyone here offer me any assistance?
I really appreciate the help!

Thanks!
Keith

Keith Kurzendoerfer
Research and Instructional Technology
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40506
859 257-4725stall a database server (Filemaker 7 Server Advanced) that requires xml and xslt stylesheets as a means to interact with the databases over the web.

Re: Newbie Help

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
Keith,

Sending an e-mail to general@apache.org is probably not a good idea, as
it is a list set up for Apache committers and members to discuss apache
foundation and issues related to Apache Software Foundation
sub-projects. I've found the information in these links to be
invaluable[0] & [1] (please do not take offense at the title! ;-)).

Now on to your issue, I suspect you need to get up to speed on Apache's
HTTPD[2]. It may also help you to read the FileMaker help
information[3], as well as Apple's Mac OS X Server - Web Services
documentation[4].

Hope this helps! Cheers!

Web Maestro Clay

p.s. Please do not respond directly to me. If you must, send a response
to <cl...@apache.org>. Thanks!

[0] FOP Mailing List info
http://xml.apache.org/fop/maillist.html

[1] How To Ask Questions The Smart Way