Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Konrad Windszus <kw...@apache.org> on 2022/06/02 09:56:33 UTC

Re: Custom Maven Enforcer Rule hosted at Sling

Coming back to this topic after a long time I propose to use the repository name "sling-org-apache-sling-maven-enforcer-rules" for this and give it artifact id "org.apache.sling.maven.enforcer.rules".

If I don't hear any objections I would create the repo at the end of the week.
Konrad

Posted by Konrad Windszus <kw...@apache.org>.

> I will not argue about the names as they make totally sense but we should try
> to be more consistent. Back then I was asked to use a more specific project/
> repo: sling-org-apache-sling-bnd-plugin-headers-parameters-remove¹ instead of
> just sling-org-apache-sling-bnd-plugins²
>
> O.
>
> 1) https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-bnd-plugin-headers-parameters-remove
> 2) https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-bnd-plugins

IIRC the problem back then was rather that there were already other Bnd plugins in dedicated repos
https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-bnd-models and
https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-caconfig-bnd-plugin
which made the generic name for another Bnd plugin kind of problematic.

But IMHO for Maven Enforcer we don’t yet have anything related up till now in Sling.
If in the future we have lots of different enforcer rules in Sling, I am happy to rename them in case keeping them in the same artifact and repository is problematic for some reason.

Konrad

Re: Custom Maven Enforcer Rule hosted at Sling

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Sounds good to me. You could go with the other one as well, I was just
curious :-)

Thanks,
Robert

Posted by Konrad Windszus <kw...@apache.org>.