Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Yiling <yl...@cs.uvic.ca> on 2003/05/27 23:35:20 UTC

Can JSVGCanvas load svg DOM instead of SVG file?

For JSVGCanvas to display a svg file, I am using the setURI method.
I also want to buid an svg dom tree on the fly and gave it the
JSVGCanvas to display.
Is there a way to do this?
Thank you

Available at a bookshelf near you

Posted by Thomas Buhr <th...@mts.net>.
Hello all,

When can we all expect a book on Batik? The JXTA project which started
at about the same time as Batik has generated a number of books, Batik
is at least as important and interesting!

A good how to book covering SVG, Java 2D and specific Swing components
like the JLayeredPane would be awesome. Depending on the availability
of Batik 2.0 I'd certainly say that Batik is an idea whose time (and
book) has come.

Cheers,

Thomas

RE: Can JSVGCanvas load svg DOM instead of SVG file?

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

Y> For JSVGCanvas to display a svg file, I am using the setURI method.
Y> I also want to buid an svg dom tree on the fly and gave it the
Y> JSVGCanvas to display.  Is there a way to do this?

   Yes, JSVGCanvas.setSVGDocument(SVGDocument doc).

   Note that 'doc' has to be built with the Batik SVG DOM.