Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com> on 2005/09/16 15:05:06 UTC

[m2] svn update breaks build

Just did an update and the build fails almost straight away. Just
checked the url and there is indeed no so pom there yet.

Question - do you guys (core developers) have a local repository that
you test against because this kind of error seems to happen fairly
frequently. If you intend non contributors to get the latest update,
it may be worth setting up your continuum machine to look at the
default repository??

Checking for dependencies ...
Downloading http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/surefire/surefire/1.3/
surefire-1.3.pom
Couldn't find POM - ignoring: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/surefire/
surefire/1.3/surefire-1.3.pom (HTTP Error: 404 Not Found)
Downloading http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/surefire/surefire/1.3/
surefire-1.3.jar
Artifact not found at [http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/surefire/
surefire/1.3/surefire-1.3.jar]
Exception in thread "main" download.DownloadFailedException: Failed
to download surefire:surefire:1.3:jar
         at download.ArtifactDownloader.downloadDependencies
(ArtifactDownloader.java:93)
         at MBoot.run(MBoot.java:329)
         at MBoot.main(MBoot.java:119)

Re: [m2] svn update breaks build

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ashley,

It's already fixed. It's the middle of the release process, and I committed
before the repo sync.

It doesn't happen that frequently - we have a test running every 15 minutes
that confirms it is successful, running from a clean repository every day.

I don't recommend using SVN HEAD unless to anyone unless they are prepared
to put up with such errors. If you catch anyone recommending it, feel free
to question that :)

At the very least, I would ask anyone intending to build from SVN HEAD to be
subscribed to the maven developers list, as they are as much a part of the
dev team as testers. I don't believe we will need to recommend SVN HEAD to
anyone that isn't testing a specific fix going forward.

Beta-1 is now ready - It will be announced in the next hour and a half.

Cheers,
Brett