Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de> on 2002/10/17 09:13:36 UTC

Adobe new products

I read this morning on Heise (www.heise.de - German) about Adobe introducing
a new range of products "for big business". Looks like they will be bringing
out a "Forms Server", an "Output Server", a "Workflow Server" and a
"Document Server" - all designed to make PDF ubiquitous. And each server
with a separate price tag I would assume. If I didn't know better - from the
limited description - I would say they could be using Cocoon (or a Cocoon
based solution) for all that.

Does anyone have any additional information - I think the release is next
week.

Matthew

--
Open Source Group       Cocoon { Consulting, Training, Projects }
Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de

Posted by Antonio Gallardo Rivera <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Nice to include in Cocoon a example of that and more! :-D

Like also adding it to a database....

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Adobe new products

Posted by Tony Collen <tc...@hist.umn.edu>.

Re: Adobe new products

Posted by Tony Collen <tc...@hist.umn.edu>.
Matthew Langham wrote:

>I read this morning on Heise (www.heise.de - German) about Adobe introducing
>a new range of products "for big business". Looks like they will be bringing
>out a "Forms Server", an "Output Server", a "Workflow Server" and a
>"Document Server" - all designed to make PDF ubiquitous. And each server
>with a separate price tag I would assume. If I didn't know better - from the
>limited description - I would say they could be using Cocoon (or a Cocoon
>based solution) for all that.
>
>Does anyone have any additional information - I think the release is next
>week.

Matthew,

I did some digging, and it seems to be a result of their acquisition
back in April of a company named "Accelio".  I posted my findings at
http://manero.org/weblog/archives/000005.html#000005

Regards,
Tony