Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net> on 2004/01/29 20:48:37 UTC

Re: svn commit: propchange - r8522 svn:log

cmpilato@tigris.org writes:

> Author: cmpilato
> Revision: 8522
> Property Name: svn:log
>
> New Property Value:
> * tools/cvs2svn/README
> * tools/cvs2svn/design-notes.txt
>   Update some documentation to reflect recent changes.
>
> UPDATE: This turned out to be no-op commit because cmpilato had a modified
>         (read: busted) Subversion client.

So, it seems that for some reason, svn.collab.net doesn't like the
fact that the shebang line in propchange_email.pl is:

   #!/usr/bin/env perl -w

When I ran the script by hand a few minutes ago, I got an error that
indicated that env was looking for a binary named "perl -w".  I
removed the " -w" from the shebang line, and the script works again.

Re: svn commit: propchange - r8522 svn:log

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.
On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 01:02:09PM -0800, Blair Zajac wrote:
> >    #!/usr/bin/env perl -w
>
> Unless someone beats me to the punch, I'll fix this.  This also
> happens on my box.

You shouldn't use -w on the command line anymore.

-w tends to run into command line problems like this and is global for
the entire interpretor.  However, use warnings only is limited to the
enclosing block.  So you won't see errors from other peoples code.

See perldoc perllexwarn for more details.

--
Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>
http://ben.reser.org

"Conscience is the inner voice which warns us somebody may be looking."
- H.L. Mencken

Re: svn commit: propchange - r8522 svn:log

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
"C. Michael Pilato" wrote:

> cmpilato@tigris.org writes:
>
> > Author: cmpilato
> > Revision: 8522
> > Property Name: svn:log
> >
> > New Property Value:
> > * tools/cvs2svn/README
> > * tools/cvs2svn/design-notes.txt
> >   Update some documentation to reflect recent changes.
> >
> > UPDATE: This turned out to be no-op commit because cmpilato had a modified
> >         (read: busted) Subversion client.
>
> So, it seems that for some reason, svn.collab.net doesn't like the
> fact that the shebang line in propchange_email.pl is:
>
>    #!/usr/bin/env perl -w

Unless someone beats me to the punch, I'll fix this.  This also
happens on my box.

Blair

--
Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>