Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Erik Timan <er...@timan.info> on 2012/08/01 16:22:24 UTC

Test failure (make check) in etap/190-json-stream-parse.t

Hello all!

I've built CouchDB 1.2.0 on CentOS 6.2 using the RPM spec from
https://github.com/wendall911/couchdb-rpm. While it builds fine, make
check fails for me when running etap/190-json-stream-parse.t. I get
"Failed 88/99 subtests".

After diving deeper, I found that the test failed on line 87 in
190-json-stream-parse.t:

{<<"foo", 5, "bar">>, "\"foo\\u0005bar\"", "string literal with
\\u0005"},

(for context, see
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/e736fa9e314034e2603ac5861692ddeab92f1dad/test/etap/190-json-stream-parse.t#L87)

If I comment that line out, all other test cases completes ok. To me it
looks like some unicode problem. Can someone shed some light upon why
this is happening and if there is a real problem here?

Some additional info:

Arch: x86_64
CouchDB version: 1.2.0
Erlang version: R15B01
JS-devel version: 1.8.5

Tnx!
/Erik

Re: Test failure (make check) in etap/190-json-stream-parse.t

Posted by CGS <cg...@gmail.com>.
It seems like your version JSON may skip \u0005 (but I may be wrong) and
here I cannot help anymore because I have no idea how to debug that. Sorry.
Maybe someone more knowledgeable will step up and clarify the problem.

CGS

Posted by Erik Timan <er...@timan.info>.

Posted by CGS <cg...@gmail.com>.