Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Perf Test <pe...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/25 07:11:26 UTC

Difference between concurrent load of 100 users and Active users for a given time period

Dear All,

What is the Difference between JM 'concurrent users' load of 100 and
'Active users' 100  testing for a given time period.

Thanks.
Sam

Re: Difference between concurrent load of 100 users and Active users for a given time period

Posted by Perf Test <pe...@gmail.com>.
Thank you to both of you, (Deepak Shetty/John),

It is very clear now, I never ran for several iterations but i was trying
to load concurrent users reducing rampup time, which is wrong. il consider
all the facts and try again ,thanks

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by John_schulz <jo...@aol.com>.
Think time is not ramp up time. Think time is generated by adding a timer or timers into a thread before or after your sampler(s).

Ramp up time is there to prevent overloading your servers at the beginning of a test and to spread out your workload if you are using multiple samplers in your threads to prevent waves of requests. Note you can accomplish this as well with timers but ramp up is very simple to use.

John

Sent from my iPad

Posted by Perf Test <pe...@gmail.com>.
Experts,

Posted by Perf Test <pe...@gmail.com>.
Dear Deepak Shetty,

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.
It is probably the same

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 25 February 2014 06:11, Perf Test <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> What is the Difference between JM 'concurrent users' load of 100 and
> 'Active users' 100  testing for a given time period.

Where do those figures come from?