Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Edoardo Comar <EC...@uk.ibm.com> on 2007/04/18 10:28:43 UTC

ServletTestSuite of plain junit tests in eclipse - runner does not get results

Hi

I am trying to reuse a set of PLAIN junit tests as a cactus suite -
following the Option B: reuse a JUnit TestCase
doc at http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/1.7.2/writing/howto_testcase.html

with a bit of tracing it's easy to see that the tests do get run on the
server but the eclipse junit runner does NOT get any results.
it terminates showing no tests have been run (e.g. showing a label like
"Runs: 0/3").

if the ServletTestSuite is run with the text junit runner (!) the results
do come back as expected

also,
if the tests extends ServletTestCase and they are placed in a plain
TestSuite
then the runner works fine, but that makes as-is reuse of the junit tests
not possible.

I am using cactus 1.7.2 with java5 and rational software architect 7.0.0.2
(eclipse 3.2.2 based)

is this a bug in cactus/eclipse integration with this level of code ?

I'd try a cactus 1.8dev build, but don't have the time to build one
myself.
and the nightly build link
http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-cactus/nightly is pointing to stuff
older than the release!

cheers,
Edo
regards,
Edoardo Comar
IBM United Kingdom Ltd.
ecomar@uk.ibm.com
Tel +44 (0)1962 81 5576 (external)  245576  (internal)

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

Re: ServletTestSuite of plain junit tests in eclipse - runner does not get results

Posted by Edoardo Comar <EC...@uk.ibm.com>.
Ah!

i noticed an error in the eclipse error log ....

java.lang.Exception: Unexpected TestElement type for testId '3': null
        at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.model.TestRunSession$TestSessionNotifier.logUnexpectedTest(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.model.TestRunSession$TestSessionNotifier.testEnded(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.model.RemoteTestRunnerClient$4.run(Unknown
Source)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(Unknown Source)
        at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.model.RemoteTestRunnerClient.notifyTestEnded(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.model.RemoteTestRunnerClient.access$7(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.model.RemoteTestRunnerClient$DefaultProcessingState.readMessage(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.model.RemoteTestRunnerClient.receiveMessage(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.model.RemoteTestRunnerClient.access$26(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.model.RemoteTestRunnerClient$ServerConnection.run(Unknown
Source)

and
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.model.TestRunSession$TestSessionNotifier.testEnded(Unknown
Source)
there is this code :

if (! (testElement instanceof TestCaseElement)) {
                                logUnexpectedTest(testId, testElement);
                                return;
                        }

I will post to the jdt newsgroup too ...

Edoardo Comar/UK/IBM@IBMGB
04/18/07 09:28 AM
Please respond to
"Cactus Users List" <ca...@jakarta.apache.org>