Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Przemysław Klein <p....@ziaja.com> on 2006/02/10 17:53:21 UTC

problems with iso-8859-2 characters sending with GET method

Hi All.

I use iso-8859-2 character encoding in my application. When I sent forms
using GET metod I receive question marks instead of some iso-8859-2
characters. There is no problem when I send same form with same data
using POST metdod - all letters look properly.

I set proper character set both for response and request.

Any suggerstions (Tomcat 5.5.12)?

Thanks in advance,
Przemek

Re: problems with iso-8859-2 characters sending with GET method

Posted by Mike Sabroff <mi...@cygnusb2b.com>.
why would you use  8859-2? why not use utf-8 and solve a lot of future
problems?
Przemysław Klein wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I use iso-8859-2 character encoding in my application. When I sent
> forms using GET metod I receive question marks instead of some
> iso-8859-2 characters. There is no problem when I send same form with
> same data using POST metdod - all letters look properly.
>
> I set proper character set both for response and request.
>
> Any suggerstions (Tomcat 5.5.12)?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Przemek

Mike Sabroff
Web Services
Developer
mike.sabroff@cygnusb2b.com
920-568-8379

Re: problems with iso-8859-2 characters sending with GET method

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Przemysław Klein wrote:
> I use iso-8859-2 character encoding in my application. When I sent forms
> using GET metod I receive question marks instead of some iso-8859-2
> characters. There is no problem when I send same form with same data
> using POST metdod - all letters look properly.

Look for URIEncoding

Mark