Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Imad Moussa Daou <im...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/25 13:17:54 UTC

Complex Script Support

Dear,

I am Imad Daou and I have been using FOP from about 1 year and I was
satisfied from it's results until I tried it with Arabic which is my native
language.
I searched and found that you are working on it and found that you did good
progress in PDF renderer where arabic letters are displayed correctly.

Can you please tell me when this will be working on the PrintRenderer (Post
Script) since I am using FOP to directly print data without using PDF
converter.

Waiting your reply,
Imad

Re: Complex Script Support

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.
Imad,

Thank you for you query. I am happy you are interested in Arabic support.

I am unable to respond regarding a schedule for Postscript support. My first
priority is to support PDF output, and there are a few things to accomplish
before I can say that PDF is adequately supported. After that it will depend
on what I can do to add Postscript support. Hopefully, it will not require
too much additional work, since most of the functionality for the new Arabic
support comes before the intermediate format rendering. I will update this
list (and you) when I have added the necessary support for the Postscript
renderer (and other renderers).

Regards,
Glenn Adams