Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Greg Hudson <gh...@MIT.EDU> on 2005/06/25 17:08:40 UTC

Re: bug: svn info [great [great [great]] grand] parent directory paths

On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 08:40 -0600, D.J. Heap wrote:
> This appears to be an APR problem on Windows.  In libsvn_subr\opt.c on line
> 608 we call apr_filepath_merge with apr_target as "..\..\.." (or something
> similar):
>
>            apr_err = apr_filepath_merge (&truenamed_target, "", apr_target,
>                                          APR_FILEPATH_TRUENAME, pool);
>
> and get back "../" in truenamed_target.  Unfortunately, I don't follow the
> processing going on in APR...can a Win32 APR expert (Brane?) look at it?

I think apr_filepath_merge is simply broken for this purpose.  It does
not respect filesystem semantics in all cases.  (It works okay when the
second argument is the path component of a URL, such as one fed to httpd
or svnserve.  That's what it was originally designed for.)

We have a similar bug where something like "svn st foo/symlink/.." is
equivalent to "svn st foo" even if foo/symlink is a symlink pointing off
somewhere else.