Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Zhi Dou <ha...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/14 08:56:07 UTC

Problem in setting up mesos for spark

Dear all,

I am trying to set up mesos for spark. Following the instruction at
https://github.com/mesos/spark/wiki/Running-Spark-on-Mesos, I use spark 0.4
and get revision 1205738 of Mesos.
OS: Ubuntu 10.04.4
Java: 1.6

There is nothing wrong in /configure. However, I got following errors in *
make*:
g++: error: java/jni/convert.o: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [java/jni/convert.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/zdou/mesos/src'
make: *** [src] Error 2

I also tried the master branch of mesos, but still it does not work.

Could you help me solve this problem? Thank you very much in advance!

Bests,
Harry

Re: Problem in setting up mesos for spark

Posted by Xiaoying Zheng <zh...@sari.ac.cn>.
于 2012/6/14 14:56, Zhi Dou 写道:
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to set up mesos for spark. Following the instruction at
> https://github.com/mesos/spark/wiki/Running-Spark-on-Mesos, I use spark 0.4
> and get revision 1205738 of Mesos.
> OS: Ubuntu 10.04.4
> Java: 1.6
>
> There is nothing wrong in /configure. However, I got following errors in *
> make*:
> g++: error: java/jni/convert.o: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [java/jni/convert.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/zdou/mesos/src'
> make: *** [src] Error 2
>
> I also tried the master branch of mesos, but still it does not work.
>
> Could you help me solve this problem? Thank you very much in advance!
>
> Bests,
> Harry

hi,

I suppose you're working on the version 1205738 of Mesos. In Makefile
(or Makefile in src folder), there is one redundant flag "-I", which
tries to read Convert.o as an input. Remove this additional "-I", and
make will go though. Anyway, there are more need to be fixed. I couldn't
correct all of them and finally gave up and swithed to the master branch.

RE: WebUI problems

Posted by Jim Donahue <jd...@adobe.com>.
Think I understand the problem -- I failed to set up the master and server ports quite right.

Thanks,

Jim

Posted by Jim Donahue <jd...@adobe.com>.

Re: WebUI problems

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@twitter.com>.

RE: WebUI problems

Re: Slave ports that need to be opened?

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@twitter.com>.
These ports are not used for master -> slave communication. Rather, there
are part of what the slave considered to be the resources available to
mesos on your slave machine. Along with cpus, memory, and disk, ports are
considered to be a consumable resource in mesos.

> Is there any way to change this?

Yes they can be changed, along with other available resources, for example:
./mesos-slave <master>
--resources=cpus:4.0;mem:4096;ports:[30000-31000];disk:10240

When the available resources are not specified, we make some assumptions
about what resources to consider available to mesos. This means all the
CPUs, most of the memory, most of the disk, and currently the port range
31000-32000 (the top 1000 non-ephemeral ports).

Re: WebUI problems

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@twitter.com>.

RE: WebUI problems

Re: WebUI problems

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@twitter.com>.
That's my fault, I should have sent a quick email to this list when this
made it's way to trunk. On that note..

RE: WebUI problems

Posted by Jim Donahue <jd...@adobe.com>.

Re: WebUI problems