Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Greg Lentz <gl...@ma.org> on 2006/07/25 23:04:55 UTC

Changing a Rule's Score

I am using SpamAssassin 3.13 on Mac OS 10.3.9 in conjuction with Eudora
Internet Mail Server 3.2.8.  Looked for an answer to this question on the
wiki FAQ, but didn't see an answer.  Apologies if I have somehow missed it.

So far, SpamAssassin is doing a very good job of catching a lot of spam that
my other anti-spam measures weren't.  Unfortunately, it also seems to catch
some legit mailing lists.  My current config sends me an e-mail whenever a
message is marked as SPAM (the subject line is re-written) and I can review
to see which rules blocked it.

My question is how do you change the score of a rule that you would like to
weigh less heavily without that score being re-written by future
SpamAssassin updates?

Appreciate any info folks can provide.
--
Greg Lentz
Technology Systems Manager

Re: Changing a Rule's Score

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
1) /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
2) /etc/mail/spamassassin/my_added.cf
3) ~/user_prefs

None of those will be changed with updates. Although you may have to
make some manual changes to local.cf. That is why something like the
second option may be better. The third allows it on a per user basis.

{^_^}