Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com> on 2006/11/03 21:37:32 UTC

failed library build marked WARN (T)

Hey Andrew, in the HP aCC build below the library fails to compile
but we're marking it WARN (T) instead of LIB (F). Can you see why?

http://people.apache.org/~sebor/stdcxx/results/
http://people.apache.org/~sebor/stdcxx/results/hpux-11.23-parisc2-acc-32b-3.70-12d-log.gz.txt

Thanks
Martin

Re: failed library build marked WARN (T)

Posted by Andrew Black <ab...@roguewave.com>.
The cause likely is an overly aggressive caching of build logs.  In
particular, the export script currently determines if a new build for a
particular platform/compiler/build type has occurred by tracking the
subversion change number.  While not a frequent occurrence, it is
possible for multiple runs with a given subversion change number to
occur.  Likely causes are changes to the nightly testing scripts or the
nightly testing schedule.

Resolving this issue will be a fairly simple change.  That change will
be to use the serial number for the run to determine the staleness of
run, rather than the subversion change number.

--Andrew Black