Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Forrest Aldrich <fo...@forrie.com> on 1998/08/14 22:36:48 UTC

config/2857: VirtualHosts and NameVirtualHost does not work as documented.

>Number:         2857
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       VirtualHosts and NameVirtualHost does not work as documented.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I have read through the ticket database and the documentation and this simply
doesn't work correctly as far as I can tell.

The previous ticket(s) indicated the same problems/symptoms as I'm seeing here,
except he forgot the NameVirtualHost definition, etc.

I have a domain name (name only) VirtualHost that I need to define, which
was working on 1.2.x.  NameVirtualHost 111.222.333.44 is placed at the top of
the httpd.conf file.  The following definition is used for the virtual
hosting:

<VirtualHost 111.222.333.44>
    ServerAdmin email@address.com
    ServerName virtual.host.com
    DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/share/virtualhost/htdocs
    ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/share/virtualhost/logs/error.log
    TransferLog /usr/local/apache/share/virtualhost/logs/access.log
    UserDir /usr/local/apache/share/virtualhost/local
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.php3
    FancyIndexing ON
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/local/apache/share/virtualhost/cgi-bin/
    Alias /icons/ /usr/local/apache/share/virtualhost/icons/
</VirtualHost>

I've also tried inserting ServerAlias, which did not work.

This is following the directions.  Is this a known bug?

Forrest