Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org> on 2011/11/18 13:13:30 UTC

Localization on the Oracle software grant [was Re: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)]

Hi Gianluca, *

On Sat, Nov 05, 2011 at 09:53:44AM +0100, Gianluca Turconi wrote:
> We discussed about other ways (on line download via a wizard during
> installation time) to let the user chose these linguistic tools and, IMO,
> it would be time to define such changes in a surer way than a simple
> discussion.

I think I will bring that topic once more, to find a final conclusion
for once :)

> In fact here:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/OOOUSERS/ipclearance.html
>
> I see that even translations for the localizations *may *be not covered by
> Oracle SGA.

today, looking for other stuff, I found that they are covered:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/pmc/ip-review/oracle-sga-2.txt?view=markup#l31610
or better check them out:

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/pmc

comparing this list with the localize.sdf files in
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/trunk/extras/l10n/source/
every localized.sdf is included in the software grant.

@Jürgen: you have that task assigned. Can you confirm the localization
is on the software grant?

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: Localization on the Oracle software grant [was Re: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)]

Posted by Gianluca Turconi <pu...@letturefantastiche.com>.
In data 18 novembre 2011 alle ore 13:13:30, Ariel Constenla-Haile
<ar...@apache.org> ha scritto:

> comparing this list with the localize.sdf files in
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/trunk/extras/l10n/source/
> every localized.sdf is included in the software grant.

Well, these are *really* good news.

One important item less on the IP clearance list! :-)

Regards,

Gianluca
--
Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza, fantasy,
horror, noir, narrativa fantastica e tradizionale:

Re: Localization on the Oracle software grant [was Re: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)]

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
> Hi Gianluca, *
>
> On Sat, Nov 05, 2011 at 09:53:44AM +0100, Gianluca Turconi wrote:
>> We discussed about other ways (on line download via a wizard during
>> installation time) to let the user chose these linguistic tools and, IMO,
>> it would be time to define such changes in a surer way than a simple
>> discussion.
>
> I think I will bring that topic once more, to find a final conclusion
> for once :)
>
>> In fact here:
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/OOOUSERS/ipclearance.html
>>
>> I see that even translations for the localizations *may *be not covered by
>> Oracle SGA.
>
> today, looking for other stuff, I found that they are covered:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/pmc/ip-review/oracle-sga-2.txt?view=markup#l31610
> or better check them out:
>
> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/pmc
>
> comparing this list with the localize.sdf files in
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/trunk/extras/l10n/source/
> every localized.sdf is included in the software grant.
>
> @Jürgen: you have that task assigned. Can you confirm the localization
> is on the software grant?

yes, i will mark it as completed. The last time i have checked it these
files weren't included.

@Andrew, thanks for the update

Juergen