Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Sudip Datta <pi...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/01 20:54:11 UTC

Crawler stuck, crashes after fatal error in JRE

Hi,

My problem might not be suitable for the nutch mailing list but I
asked on java mailing lists but to no avail and wonder if someone here
has experienced the same.

I am trying to crawl several hosts using Nutch(1.4) and storing
content on Solr with one host per index(core). I had posted this
problem earlier at
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Nutch-Crawl-to-Solr-with-separate-cores-for-hosts-td3447260.html
and could get SolrWriter to create host specific cores.

Unfortunately while this works for a sample crawl on local machine, it
gets stuck (and crashes with the JRE) on an EC2 instance (with JRE
version: 6.0_27-b07) producing an error dump posted at
http://paste.pocoo.org/show/501326/.

Has anybody faced similar problem or has clue about what might be
going wrong or what diagnostics to do? Please let me know if I can
provide any further information that might be useful.

Best regards,

--Sudip.

Re: Crawler stuck, crashes after fatal error in JRE

Posted by Sudip Datta <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Markus,

Thanks for the help. I also suspected it to be a memory issue but
after wrangling with the problem for days I just tried it on a
different EC2 instance, with same jdk and lo behold! it worked without
the slightest of problems.

I have no clue what was causing the trouble and this is frustrating
but glad that it finally did, albeit on a different machine.

Thanks,

--Sudip.

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Sounds like a memory issue. Can you check my other reply in this thread?

Posted by Sudip Datta <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.