Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Rovi <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2005/12/23 08:49:06 UTC

Multiple Newbie Questions

Hi, I have installed 1.2.4 using the Windows installer. I am facing these
issues, or have these questions. If anyone can provide answeres to one or more
of these I will really appreciate:

(1) In site view, if I try to change title in Meta tab, it prompts with the
login page. Even on logging in again, the changes are not saved. It did work
one time though.

(2) Search - When I do search I get this message (though it has worked a few
times as well):
java.io.FileNotFoundException .....work\search\lucene\index\live\index\segments
 (The system cannot find the file specified)
And then if I click home or any other link, it sends me to page not found. If
for example I am clicking at Page1.html, it sends to Page1/index.html

(3) How can I remove the <name> from "Last Published: Thu, 10 Dec 2005
23:08:36 PST / <name>" at the bottom of the pages?

(4) When I add images in Kupu, I have to subsequently go in the Source view to
delete a portion of the URL to make it work. Is there a solution out there for
this?

(5) I checked out and implemented changes required as per
HowToCustomizeImageMarkup document. But still my image does not accept left or
right in Kupu. However, I can change it in Source View. Related question - is
there any other choice of editor for the IE users?

(6)How can I integrate Google Search and Google Ads? Also, lets say I wish to
add counters codelet from likes of Statcounter. How do I add such pieces of
code in my pages, or better still, at template level? Also, Can I write my own
HTML (with or without Java Script) and somehow paste (or integrate) it in my
pages?

Of course more will follow!
Thanks in anticipation of help in this forum.
regards.

Re: Multiple Newbie Questions

Posted by so...@apache.org.
I added your information about 1.2.4 to the Search - Easy Download
page.  Thank you.

> Also the link
> you give above takes me to "Re: jetty and fedora dist" message.

Linczak's post is near the bottom of the page.

solprovider

Re: Multiple Newbie Questions

Posted by Rovi <ro...@yahoo.com>.
 <solprovider <at> apache.org> writes:

> On 12/23/05, Rovi <ro1vi-cms <at> yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Thanks much. I will take up the remaing ones in separate posts. Guess just
> > didn't want to clutter serious tech discussions with a plethora of newbie
> > questions.
>
> That is the purpose of the User ML.  If we do not help newbies here,
> we would have very few users.  There is much documentation available,
> and most newbies questions can be solved with a quick Internet search.
>  ("Lenya Search" returns my page as the second answer on Google and
> the fourth on Yahoo.)  But do not worry about asking basic questions;
> someone will answer.  Flames are extremely rare here, and those are
> usually devs teasing each other; nobody teases newbies.  We have a
> very friendly community.
>
> > By the way, the Search issue (2) resolved well for me(though the
instructions
> > were for 1.2.2). Thanks!
> I rewrote Search for 1.2.2.  Everybody liked the new version, and it
> was integrated in 1.2.4 in June.  There were some bug fixes over the
> Summer.  Hopefully the fixes will be in Lenya1.2.5, but Lenya1.2.4 is
> still the latest release.  We are having difficulty with "Release
> often."
>
> Did you need to change the instructions for 1.2.4?  Our production
> site is still 1.2.2, and I have not checked against 1.2.4.  Is there
> anything I can add to make it easier for the next person?
>
> > (5) I had already tried this, but did not work.
> I forgot my page mentions a different fix is needed for 1.2.4. (I do
> not post other people's work on my personal site.)  I just added the
> link to:
> http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cms.lenya.user/day=20050709
>
> solprovider

Thanks for your assurance of help. Frankly I am not a developer, but just a
technically aware person. I want to make Lenya work for me, to do some basic
content hosting. I am feeling there is a LOT of static friction getting
started with Lenya. But hopefully with the help of people like you and the
community I can manage to get by.

For the Search issue, for Lenya 1.2.4 on Windows (installed with the
installer) with Jetty using a copy of the default publication, the index-
pub.bat file looks like this when indexing works:

SET LENYAPUB=pub
.\ant -f ../../build/lenya/webapp/lenya/bin/crawl_and_index.xml -
Dlucene.xconf=../../build/lenya/webapp/lenya/pubs/%
LENYAPUB%/config/search/lucene-live.xconf index

and log4j.properties looks like:
log4j.rootLogger=INFO, lucene
log4j.appender.lucene = org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.lucene.File = lucene.log
log4j.appender.lucene.Append = false
log4j.appender.lucene.layout = org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.lucene.layout.ConversionPattern = %d{ABSOLUTE} [%t] %-5p %-
30.30c{2} %x - %m %n

These are slightly different than that mentioned on your site. Also the link
you give above takes me to "Re: jetty and fedora dist" message.
Thanks again for your help!!

Posted by Rovi <ro...@yahoo.com>.
 <solprovider <at> apache.org> writes:

> Welcome to Lenya.
>
> Try one question per post to the MLs (mailing lists).  My first post
> contained a list of 8 issues, and everybody focused on a few of them.
> You get better results if you sent 6 posts with the Subject reflecting
> each issue, rather than one generic post with multiple questions.
>
> I do not know #1 and #6.  Here are my answers:

Thanks much. I will take up the remaing ones in separate posts. Guess just
didn't want to clutter serious tech discussions with a plethora of newbie
questions.
By the way, the Search issue (2) resolved well for me(though the instructions
were for 1.2.2). Thanks! (3) Was fine too. (4)Images work ok with Firefox (5)
I had already tried this, but did not work. But thanks. And I'd be back on the
list.

Re: Multiple Newbie Questions

Posted by so...@apache.org.
Welcome to Lenya.

Try one question per post to the MLs (mailing lists).  My first post
contained a list of 8 issues, and everybody focused on a few of them.
You get better results if you sent 6 posts with the Subject reflecting
each issue, rather than one generic post with multiple questions.

I do not know #1 and #6.  Here are my answers:

On 12/23/05, Rovi <ro...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi, I have installed 1.2.4 using the Windows installer. I am facing these
> issues, or have these questions. If anyone can provide answeres to one or more
> of these I will really appreciate:
>
> (1) In site view, if I try to change title in Meta tab, it prompts with the
> login page. Even on logging in again, the changes are not saved. It did work
> one time though.

It sounds like a configuration issue.  Someone else may know better,
but they will need more information.  Is this just the "Default"
publication using the default install?

> (2) Search - When I do search I get this message (though it has worked a few
> times as well):
> java.io.FileNotFoundException .....work\search\lucene\index\live\index\segments
>  (The system cannot find the file specified)
> And then if I click home or any other link, it sends me to page not found. If
> for example I am clicking at Page1.html, it sends to Page1/index.html

There were a few bugs in the code that was integrated with Lenya1.2.4.
 The upgrade is available at:
http://solprovider.com/lenya/searchdownload

> (3) How can I remove the <name> from "Last Published: Thu, 10 Dec 2005
> 23:08:36 PST / <name>" at the bottom of the pages?

FILE: {pub}/xslt/page2xhtml.xsl
REMOVE:
              <xsl:apply-templates select="lenya:meta/dcterms:modified"/>
              <xsl:apply-templates select="lenya:meta/dc:publisher"/>

> (4) When I add images in Kupu, I have to subsequently go in the Source view to
> delete a portion of the URL to make it work. Is there a solution out there for
> this?

This may be the bug using Kupu with MSIE.  I have not seen a fix for
it, and my quick attempt at one caused other problems.  Try editing
using Mozilla or Firefox.

> (5) I checked out and implemented changes required as per
> HowToCustomizeImageMarkup document. But still my image does not accept left or
> right in Kupu. However, I can change it in Source View. Related question - is
> there any other choice of editor for the IE users?

See "Fix Alignment and More":
http://solprovider.com/lenya/kupucenter

> (6)How can I integrate Google Search and Google Ads? Also, lets say I wish to
> add counters codelet from likes of Statcounter. How do I add such pieces of
> code in my pages, or better still, at template level? Also, Can I write my own
> HTML (with or without Java Script) and somehow paste (or integrate) it in my
> pages?

This is probably handled in page2xhtml.xsl (mentioned above), but
someone else may know better.  Next poster!

solprovider