Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by David Wynter <da...@roamware.co.uk> on 2003/09/01 21:41:00 UTC

Avalon config not clear

Hi,

I have 2 problems, first my Avalon ntialisation of Torque does not work.
Second, I have attempted to use a different Avalon component in my T2.3
application in addition to the Torque implementation but the config looks
completely different.
First I get
[ERROR] TurbineAvalonComponentService - -Lookup for Component
org.apache.torque.Torque failed!
when in my TR.properties I have:

services.AvalonComponentService.classname=org.apache.turbine.services.avalon
component.TurbineAvalonComponentService
services.AvalonComponentService.lookup = org.apache.torque.Torque
services.AvalonComponentService.componentConfiguration =
/WEB-INF/conf/componentConfiguration.xml
services.AvalonComponentService.componentRoles =
/WEB-INF/conf/roleConfiguration.xml

In componentConfiguration.xml I have

<rwtransform>
  <componentConfig>
      <torque>
          <configFile>/WEB-INF/conf/Torque.properties</configFile>
      </torque>
  </componentConfig>
</rwtransform>

In roleConfiguration.xml I have:
<role-list>
 <role
    name="org.apache.torque.avalon.Torque"
    shorthand="torque"
    default-class="org.apache.torque.avalon.TorqueComponent"/>
</role-list>

Any ideas?

I notice that on the Avalon site they say ExcaliburComponentManager is soft
deprecated and yet it is the T2.3 is using?

the second problem is that I note a biig difference int he config xml for
the Plexus scheduler component compared to the Torque component.

The Plexus scheduler part of the componentConfiguration.xml looks like this:

  <component>
      <role>org.codehaus.plexus.scheduler.Scheduler</role>

<implementation>com.roamware.rwtransform.scheduler.DefaultDbScheduler</imple
mentation>
      <configuration>
        <scheduler>
          <property name="org.quartz.scheduler.instanceName"
value="rwtscheduler"/>

          <property name="org.quartz.threadPool.class"
value="org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool"/>
          <property name="org.quartz.threadPool.threadCount" value="15"/>
          <property name="org.quartz.threadPool.threadPriority" value="4"/>

          <property name="org.quartz.jobStore.class"
value="org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreTX"/>
          <property name="org.quartz.jobStore.driverDelegateClass =
org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.oracle.OracleDelegate"/>
          <property name="org.quartz.jobStore.useProperties = false"/>
          <property name="org.quartz.jobStore.dataSource = rwtransform"/>
          <property name="org.quartz.jobStore.tablePrefix = RWTSCH_"/>
          <property name="org.quartz.jobStore.isClustered = false"/>

          <property name="org.quartz.dataSource.rwtransform.driver =
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"/>
          <property name="org.quartz.dataSource.rwtransform.URL =
jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:roamware"/>
          <property name="org.quartz.dataSource.rwtransform.user = *****"/>
          <property name="org.quartz.dataSource.rwtransform.password =
*****"/>
          <property name="org.quartz.dataSource.rwtransform.maxConnections =
5"/>

        </scheduler>
      </configuration>
  </component>