Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Paolo Paganotto <pa...@txt.it> on 2002/11/04 14:46:32 UTC

about packages

Hallo,

I have a question whose answer can help several people new with axis/java.

I have Tomcat 4.1.12, Axis 1.0 and Java 1.4

I've developed a simple class A that takes in input two strings, login and
password, invokes a method of another class B passing to it the two
parameters and get back a boolean reply as authentication succeeds or fails.

I put the first A.java file (the one that implements the public method)
renamed A.jws into /axis directory and the other B.class file (that
implements the database interaction) into axis/WEB-INF/class directory and
everything works fine (the first class is compiled and put into
axis/WEb-INF/jwsclasses).

The point is:
in the working version the two classes don't have a package, but I tried to
compile both of them with a package, say x.y, and I'm no more able to make
the client work.
It seems that the axis isn't able to locate the files.
I've tried to put the B.class into axis/WEB-INF/classes/x/y directory, for
example, but something is wrong.
Where do I fail?
Can the .jws file have a package?
What's the general rule?