Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Heidy Gutiérrez Guzmán <he...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/24 22:13:35 UTC

how to go back to input page?

Hi

I need to know how to go back to input page in struts.

Thanks

Re: how to go back to input page?

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Heidy,

Heidy Gutiérrez Guzmán wrote:
> In the application, i have the option of change language from any page.

What about using the "referer" header (yes, it is misspelled)?

- -chris

Here is the code for my entire SwitchLocaleAction.java:

import java.util.Locale;
import javax.servlet.ServletException;

import org.apache.struts.action.ActionForward;

public class SwitchLocaleAction
    extends BaseAction
{
    public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping,
                                 ActionForm form,
                                 HttpServletRequest request,
                                 HttpServletResponse response)
        throws Exception
    {
        String language = request.getParameter("lang");
        String country = request.getParameter("country");

        Locale locale;

        if(null == language)
            throw new ServletException("No language specified.");

        if(null == country)
        {
            locale = new Locale(language);
        }
        else
        {
            locale = new Locale(language, country);
        }

        super.setLocale(request, locale);

        String redirect = request.getParameter("next");

        if(null == redirect)
            redirect = request.getHeader("referer");

        if(null != redirect)
        {
            if(0 > redirect.indexOf(";jsessionid="))
                redirect = response.encodeRedirectURL(redirect);

            response.sendRedirect(redirect);
        }
        else
            response.getWriter().write("Cannot determine next page.
Please go back manually.");

        return null;
    }
}

Re: how to go back to input page?

Posted by Heidy Gutiérrez Guzmán <he...@gmail.com>.
In the application, i have the option of change languaje from any page.

When that option is selected, go to an Action where i do the necesary for
that, after that i need to go back to the input page where the user was.

I would like the solution don't carry on changes on  each action on the
struts-config because the application is almost at end and is very
extensive.

Thank you very much

Re: how to go back to input page?

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Heidy Gutiérrez Guzmán <he...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I need to know how to go back to input page in
> struts.

Under what circumstances?

mapping.getInputForward()?

Dave