Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Juho Autio <ju...@rovio.com> on 2018/03/29 08:04:21 UTC

cancel-with-savepoint: 404 Not Found

With a fresh build from release-1.5 branch, calling /cancel-with-savepoint
fails with 404 Not Found.

The snapshot docs still mention /cancel-with-savepoint:

https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/monitoring/rest_api.html#cancel-job-with-savepoint

1. How can I achieve the same result as with GET /cancel-with-savepoint
before?
2. Are the docs going to be updated?

It seems like it might be related to this:

Thanks..

Re: cancel-with-savepoint: 404 Not Found

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for reporting this Juho.
I've created FLINK-9130 [1] to address the issue.

Best Fabian

Posted by Juho Autio <ju...@rovio.com>.
Thank you, it works!

Posted by Gary Yao <ga...@data-artisans.com>.
Hi Juho,

Posted by Juho Autio <ju...@rovio.com>.

Posted by Gary Yao <ga...@data-artisans.com>.
Hi Juho,

Thank you for testing the Apache Flink 1.5 release.

For FLIP-6 [1], the "cancel with savepoint" API was reworked. Unfortunately
the
FLIP-6 REST API documentation still needs to be re-generated [2][3]. Under
the
new API, you first issue a POST request against /jobs/:jobid/savepoints, and
then poll /jobs/:jobid/savepoints/:savepointtriggerid with HTTP GET. See
[4] for
more details.

Best,
Gary