Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Cassie <do...@google.com> on 2008/02/13 21:16:01 UTC

Updating the php javascript

Hey guys - I'm looking for someone who knows anything about php to help me
fix the shindig js code.
There are several easy things we need to do to improve the js stuff:

1. The php needs to use features/opensocial-reference/*.js instead of the
php/js/People.js file. That file is very old and out of date.
2. The reliance on javascript/gadgets should be changed to use
features/core, and pull in the other features files as necessary.
3. We should try to get rid of the entire php/js directory because it
shouldn't be needed.

I don't know much about php but I do know how the js files need to work
together. So, does anyone have time to help? Also, who is using the php
stuff right now? (just wondering because it seems a little behind)
Thanks!

- Cassie

Re: Updating the php javascript

Posted by Cassie <do...@apache.org>.
Just fyi - Chris Chabot replied to me saying that he is working on a new
version of all the php stuff. He has mentioned this in other threads but I
figured I would wrap this thread up here. If his work goes well it seems
like we will be able to get rid of all the bad js code, so that works for
me!

- Cassie

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@skife.org>.

Posted by Akash Xavier <ak...@gmail.com>.