Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Peter Hvass <P....@albourne.com> on 2014/01/22 09:40:19 UTC

[5.4-beta-2] Two JavaScript Errors - Quick Fixes

Hi all,

Through the alphas and now the betas we've been running with custom tapestry-core JARs given
two JavaScript issues; one which cripples AjaxFormLoop and the other causing pageinit.js errors
and thus interrupting script execution on IE8.

These are both super quick fixes and so was wondering if I could ask that they be included in the
upcoming beta-3?

Both on the JIRA;
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2230?filter=-2
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2272?filter=-2

Thanks again for the awesome framework!
Peter

Re: [5.4-beta-2] Two JavaScript Errors - Quick Fixes

Posted by Luke Wilson-Mawer <lu...@gmail.com>.
I advised modulemanager to fix this.

Posted by Magnus Kvalheim <ma...@kvalheim.eu>.
Okay, so I've tried the override through ModuleManager, but seems like it
don't work in case it's part of stack?

@Contribute(ModuleManager.class)
public static void overrideCoreModules(MappedConfiguration<String,
JavaScriptModuleConfiguration> configuration,
 Resource forms =
assetSource.resourceForPath("/META-INF/modules/t5-custom/core/forms.coffee");
configuration.override("t5/core/forms", new
JavaScriptModuleConfiguration(forms));
}

org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationException: Override for key
t5/core/forms  (at
com.movellas.web.drama.services.AppModule.overrideCoreModules(MappedConfiguration,
AssetSource) (at AppModule.java:614)) does not match an existing key.

Perhaps missing something obvious?

/magnus

Posted by Magnus Kvalheim <ma...@kvalheim.eu>.

http://apache-tapestry-mailing-list-archives.1045711.n5.nabble.com/5-4-25-Ajax-submit-with-Radiogroup-submits-all-values-td5724905.html#a5724916

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Also, you can contribute overrides of modules to the ModuleManager service;
this allows you to provide any old resource, including a patched version of
a core module.  This is less error-prone that having two different files on
the classpath with the same path and name ... you aren't beholden to a
specific search order for the jars and files on the classpath.

On my projects, I often have a T5PatchModule that contains all such
contributions and overrides.

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 12:01 AM, Peter Hvass <P....@albourne.com> wrote:

> Awesome tip! Thanks Dimitris! :D Even simpler!

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [5.4-beta-2] Two JavaScript Errors - Quick Fixes

Posted by Peter Hvass <P....@albourne.com>.

Posted by Dimitris Zenios <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Hvass <P....@albourne.com>.
Hi Thiago,

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 12:10:06 -0200, George Christman
<gc...@cardaddy.com> wrote:

> Hi Thiago, is there a snapshot for these fixes?

The next beta will include them.

Posted by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>.

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 6:09 AM, Peter Hvass <P....@albourne.com> wrote:

> Thanks again for this Thiago! :D

George Christman
www.CarDaddy.com
P.O. Box 735
Johnstown, New York

Re: [5.4-beta-2] Two JavaScript Errors - Quick Fixes

Posted by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>.
Hi Thiago, is there a snapshot for these fixes?

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 6:09 AM, Peter Hvass <P....@albourne.com> wrote:

> Thanks again for this Thiago! :D

George Christman
www.CarDaddy.com
P.O. Box 735
Johnstown, New York

Re: [5.4-beta-2] Two JavaScript Errors - Quick Fixes

Posted by Peter Hvass <P....@albourne.com>.

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
Fixes applied. Thanks Peter! ;)

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.