Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Greg Schueler <gr...@dtosolutions.com> on 2009/10/01 01:42:44 UTC

Re: webdav webapp is not relinquishing disk space

Ok, for installations that have already been configured to use the
FileDataStore, what is the simplest solution to invoking the garbage
collection?  It's not clear to me how I can go about doing that.
Do I have to modify the existing webapp/servlet code to add this custom
service and rebuild it? or is it possible to do this via RMI?

Posted by Greg Schueler <gr...@dtosolutions.com>.
added issue:

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Greg Schueler <gr...@dtosolutions.com>.

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.
Hi,

>  what is the simplest solution to invoking the garbage collection?

See http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore - Running Data Store
Garbage Collection (Jackrabbit 1.x)

The Jackrabbit 1.x example doesn't work with the current Jackrabbit
2.0 (not even when using the snapshot). I will fix that.

> Do I have to modify the existing webapp/servlet code to add this custom
> service and rebuild it?

Yes