Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Pritesh Damani <pd...@emeta.com> on 2005/01/19 19:07:25 UTC

dynabeans

hello everyone,

Is there a way I can return dynabeans from axis api call. If yes, has
someone done it before, can someone guide me with guidelines.

Pritesh

--
All Computers wait at the same speed !!

Re: dynabeans

Posted by Michael Schuerig <mi...@schuerig.de>.
On Wednesday 19 January 2005 19:07, Pritesh Damani wrote:

> Is there a way I can return dynabeans from axis api call. If yes, has
> someone done it before, can someone guide me with guidelines.

AFAICT this is currently not possible and unfortunately it appears that
it doesn't fit the JAX-RPC spec. The problem is that the mapping
between XML types and Java objects is, on the Java side, by class. See
for instance javax.xml.rpc.encoding.TypeMapping. Now DynaBeans have a
Class, but it's the same for all DynaBean types. They also have a
distinct DynaClass, but that you can't use in the JAX-RPC API.

The best solution, IMHO, would be if some future version of Axis would
extend the spec to allow TypeMappings between XML types and
DynaClasses.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                              Life is just as deadly
mailto:michael@schuerig.de                               As it looks