Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/02 10:23:00 UTC

Re: How to copy unversioned test resources during release:perform?

Hmmm that is an interesting problem...

One solution would be to add a goal to
http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-plugin/perform-mojo.html#goalsthat
does the copy, for example you could have the default execution of
antrun:run copy the resources if they exist in ../../src/somepath but not
at ./src/somepath and then specify <goals>antrun:run deploy
site-deploy</goals>

Note that if you use file based profile activation to skip the tests if the
files are missing, you will need to ensure that the profile is forced
active/inactive as the file based activation will have been triggered
before antrun:run runs... you can force profile activation with
<arguments>-P+someprofile -P-anotherprofile</arguments> where you want to
ensure that `someprofile` is active and `anotherprofile` is inactive

OTOH I would like a better solution for this class of problem, but short of
writing a plugin to help (i.e. does the exact thing that the antrun
execution would do, but in a more failsafe kind of way... would still hit
the profile activation issue, but such a plugin could also set some
properties for you depending on whether it has the files or not, so one
could leverage the properties to skip some tests if needed)