Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Noel O'Brien <no...@newbay.com> on 2010/04/01 12:40:01 UTC

Debugging JMeter

Hi all,

Just a general question around debugging Beanshell scripts. Are there any useful tools/settings/whatever which can increase the verbosity of errors when there're error's with beanshell scripts? Usually the errors that appear in jmeter.log are as informative as "Could not eval source file", whereas it would be much more useful if it was possible to determine the lien number and type of error?

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Noel

Re: Debugging JMeter

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
If your script is complex enough that you cant easily detect problems
visually then perhaps you can write it as a java class that can be called
from beanshell ? Its what I do after I get tired of adding print statements
after every line :).

regards
deepak

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 3:40 AM, Noel O'Brien <no...@newbay.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just a general question around debugging Beanshell scripts. Are there any
> useful tools/settings/whatever which can increase the verbosity of errors
> when there're error's with beanshell scripts? Usually the errors that appear
> in jmeter.log are as informative as "Could not eval source file", whereas it
> would be much more useful if it was possible to determine the lien number
> and type of error?
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Regards,
> Noel

Re: Debugging JMeter

Posted by sv...@icarinae.com.
There is a Eclipse plugin for Beanshell too

http://eclipse-shell.sourceforge.net/

Re: Debugging JMeter

Posted by Noel O'Brien <no...@newbay.com>.
That's what I meant alright ;)