Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by David Kavanagh <da...@dotech.com> on 2003/03/18 00:21:33 UTC

SQLTransformer

I'm using the SQLTransformer to insert somewhat large data sets into an
Oracle database. I generate XML from a spreadsheet input. Each row gets
its own <execute-query><query>blah, blah...</query></execute-query> block.
I am hitting the database over an SSH port-mapped link, so it is kind of
slow. Sometimes my browser gets impatient and give up before receiving
the entire XML output of the SQLTransformer. In this case, I usually see
the log showing continued inserts into the database. Some times, I stop
seeing SQLTransformer output, but still see my own transformer
continuing to generate rows from the spreadsheet. So, it seems like the
SQLTransformer gets wedged! I've seen this after getting through 300+
rows. This last time, it was at 388, then nothing after that.
Anyone else see anything like this? I data sets up to around 12,000 rows
that I need to insert, so.....

David