Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by John Beatty <jo...@gonesilent.com> on 2004/05/24 07:09:31 UTC

Recent configuration model changes for alpha-5 (or, where did Registry's getConfiguration(configId) go?)

Hi,

I just upgraded from alpha-4 to alpha-5 and noticed that Registry's

  public List getConfiguration(String configurationId);

method is gone now. What is the preferred programming model for services
getting their config info now? (the docs are a bit out of date it seems;
I infer there are a couple ways of doing it from reading the code and
hivemodule.sdl). I'm probably missing something obvious, but in the
meantime, I patched Registry.java to include the method (since
RegistryImpl still has it) and everything is happy.

thanks!
john

Re: Recent configuration model changes for alpha-5 (or, where did Registry's getConfiguration(configId) go?)

Posted by Johan Lindquist <jo...@kawoo.co.uk>.
Your service can supply a property which takes a list and the
BuilderFactory can be configured to supply the service with the
configurations required.

Johan

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
Hm. That could (should?) be restored; however, what I was getting at by removing it is the idea that
you will almost always want a service to "front" your configuration, since your presentation layer
will rarely want it as an unordered list.  If any massaging of the data should occur first (say,
converting to a Map and checkng for duplicates) ... that should occur inside a service.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry