Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by ChingShen <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/08 03:29:30 UTC

System control messages rely on UDP?

Hi all,

   I found the Cassandra paper(in 5.7 section) that mentioned "all system
control messages rely on UDP", but when I start up my cluster, I haven't see
any informations about UDP. Why?

TCP connections:
port 7000 = Gossip
port 9160 = Thrift service
port 8080 = JMX

Right?

Shen

Re: Implementing queues in Cassandra

Posted by Edward Ribeiro <ed...@gmail.com>.
Qsandra project aims to use Cassandra as a back-end to ActiveMQ (
http://github.com/ticktock/qsandra ).

Posted by Dodong Juan <do...@gmail.com>.

Re: System control messages rely on UDP?

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Because that part of the paper is no longer accurate.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra