Posted to ruleqa@spamassassin.apache.org by Henrik K <he...@hege.li> on 2020/02/15 10:15:08 UTC

Re: masscheck and plugins

On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 10:26:40AM +0100, Giovanni Bechis wrote:
> Hi,
> I noticed that at least a couple of rules are not correctly checked
> during masscheck and they never hit.
> In my corpus I have emails that matches at least FROMNAME_SPOOFED_EMAIL
> (~pds/20_fns.cf) and GB_HASHBL_BTC (~gbechis/20_btc.cf) but I cannot
> find any trace of those rules in my masses log files.
> Both rules are using a plugin that is not enabled by default;
> before I start digging into masses/*, anybody knows which plugins are
> used during masscheckwork and why ?

Default plugins are used, nothing strange there..

Already posted before asking if people are interested in masschecking DCC,
now that the reputation data is free too.  But I guess it's no surprise that
no one even responsed and I'm still the only one masschecking it..

run_all_masschecks() {
  run_masscheck single-corpus --all \
        --pre 'loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC' \

Re: masscheck and plugins

Posted by Henrik K <he...@hege.li>.
On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 12:15:08PM +0200, Henrik K wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 10:26:40AM +0100, Giovanni Bechis wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I noticed that at least a couple of rules are not correctly checked
> > during masscheck and they never hit.
> > In my corpus I have emails that matches at least FROMNAME_SPOOFED_EMAIL
> > (~pds/20_fns.cf) and GB_HASHBL_BTC (~gbechis/20_btc.cf) but I cannot
> > find any trace of those rules in my masses log files.
> > Both rules are using a plugin that is not enabled by default;
> > before I start digging into masses/*, anybody knows which plugins are
> > used during masscheckwork and why ?
>
> Default plugins are used, nothing strange there..
>
> Already posted before asking if people are interested in masschecking DCC,
> now that the reputation data is free too.  But I guess it's no surprise that
> no one even responsed and I'm still the only one masschecking it..
>
> run_all_masschecks() {
>   run_masscheck single-corpus --all \
>         --pre 'loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC' \

Granted, I would not advice running DCC (or any network rules for that
matter) unless corpus is "reused".  Which is also something that no one
seems to care about.

Re: masscheck and plugins

Posted by Henrik K <he...@hege.li>.
On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 11:22:55AM +0100, Giovanni Bechis wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 12:15:08PM +0200, Henrik K wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 10:26:40AM +0100, Giovanni Bechis wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I noticed that at least a couple of rules are not correctly checked
> > > during masscheck and they never hit.
> > > In my corpus I have emails that matches at least FROMNAME_SPOOFED_EMAIL
> > > (~pds/20_fns.cf) and GB_HASHBL_BTC (~gbechis/20_btc.cf) but I cannot
> > > find any trace of those rules in my masses log files.
> > > Both rules are using a plugin that is not enabled by default;
> > > before I start digging into masses/*, anybody knows which plugins are
> > > used during masscheckwork and why ?
> >
> > Default plugins are used, nothing strange there..
> >
> > Already posted before asking if people are interested in masschecking DCC,
> > now that the reputation data is free too.  But I guess it's no surprise that
> > no one even responsed and I'm still the only one masschecking it..
> >
> > run_all_masschecks() {
> >   run_masscheck single-corpus --all \
> >         --pre 'loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC' \
> >
> I am not using DCC at all on my setups but it could be useful to run masscheck with more
> plugins enabled (and reuse), otherwise lot of rules will never be
> promoted.

Added FNS and HashBL just in time for todays net masscheck..

  run_masscheck single-corpus --all \
        --pre 'loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC' \
        --pre 'loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::FromNameSpoof' \
        --pre 'loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::HashBL' \

Re: masscheck and plugins

Posted by Henrik K <he...@hege.li>.

Re: masscheck and plugins

Posted by Giovanni Bechis <gi...@paclan.it>.
On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 12:15:08PM +0200, Henrik K wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 10:26:40AM +0100, Giovanni Bechis wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I noticed that at least a couple of rules are not correctly checked
> > during masscheck and they never hit.
> > In my corpus I have emails that matches at least FROMNAME_SPOOFED_EMAIL
> > (~pds/20_fns.cf) and GB_HASHBL_BTC (~gbechis/20_btc.cf) but I cannot
> > find any trace of those rules in my masses log files.
> > Both rules are using a plugin that is not enabled by default;
> > before I start digging into masses/*, anybody knows which plugins are
> > used during masscheckwork and why ?
>
> Default plugins are used, nothing strange there..
>
> Already posted before asking if people are interested in masschecking DCC,
> now that the reputation data is free too.  But I guess it's no surprise that
> no one even responsed and I'm still the only one masschecking it..
>
> run_all_masschecks() {
>   run_masscheck single-corpus --all \
>         --pre 'loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC' \

I am not using DCC at all on my setups but it could be useful to run masscheck with more
plugins enabled (and reuse), otherwise lot of rules will never be
promoted.

 Giovanni

Re: masscheck and plugins

Posted by Henrik K <he...@hege.li>.