Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Fahmi Hachicha <fa...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/25 22:39:39 UTC

Facelets webapp can't start on Tomcat 6.0.32

Hello,

I am starting using Facelets. I prepare a simple webapp from a tutorial,
when deploying the webapp, Tomcat 6.0.32 can't start the webapp and reports
:

INFO: Deploying web application archive FaceletTest1.war
25 avr. 2011 18:53:08 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart

My archive contains in the lib directory the file jsf-facelets-1.0.10.jar,
the web.xml file contains :

<context-param>
	<param-name>javax.faces.DEFAULT_SUFFIX</param-name>
	<param-value>.xhtml</param-value>
</context-param>

and the faces-config.xml contains :

<application>
    <locale-config>
      <default-locale>en</default-locale>
    </locale-config>
	<view-handler>com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler</view-handler>
  </application>

How to eliminate this error so that the webapp starts correctly.

Best regards
Fahmi

Re: Facelets webapp can't start on Tomcat 6.0.32

Posted by Fahmi Hachicha <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I have looked at MyFaces 1.1.3 and 1.1.9, neither one have the
org/apache/myfaces/renderkit/html/HtmlResponseWriterImpl

With MyFaces -1.1.0 which has this class, it works after I add the
commons-el-1.0.jar which was needed.

But, the template was not loaded and It seems like the Facelets are not in
action !

This is how it looks the output :

This text above will not be displayed. This text will not be displayed. I'm
thinking of a number from 0 to 100. Can you guess it? This text will also
not be displayed.

This text will not be displayed. This text below will also not be displayed.

Why ?

Regards
Fahmi

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Jakob Korherr

blog: http://www.jakobk.com
work: http://www.irian.at

Re: Facelets webapp can't start on Tomcat 6.0.32

Posted by Fahmi Hachicha <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Fahmi Hachicha <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Jakob Korherr

blog: http://www.jakobk.com
work: http://www.irian.at

Re: Facelets webapp can't start on Tomcat 6.0.32

Posted by Martin Grotzke <ma...@googlemail.com>.
On 04/25/2011 10:39 PM, Fahmi Hachicha wrote:
> INFO: Deploying web application archive FaceletTest1.war
> 25 avr. 2011 18:53:08 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> SEVERE: Error listenerStart

Such errors are logged with more details in
$CATALINA_HOME/logs/localhost.*.log

This should give you an idea what's the reason, or you can post it.

Cheers,
Martin

--
Martin Grotzke