Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Nitin kak <ni...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/22 16:15:49 UTC

Configuring the number of rows per insert statement?

Hi All,

     I am actually working on Sqoop export functionality(Hadoop->RDBMS). I
can see that Sqoop supports multi-row insert statements at 100
rows/statement. Is this number configurable? If not, is there some work
going on in this direction.

I found out that each mapper exporting data to RDBMS does it in a separate
transaction. My question is do the transactions commit in parallel on the
RDBMS side?

Thanks in advance,
Nitin Kak

Re: Configuring the number of rows per insert statement?

Posted by Chalcy <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nitin,

I do not know that.  It worked for me for sql server export as well.

Brock suggested setting sqoop.export.statements.per.transaction , try and
see if this works.  I am sure some Netezza users can help you out.

Cheers,
Chalcy

Posted by Nitin kak <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chalcy,