Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Nikit Saraf <ni...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/27 13:03:09 UTC

Mahout Startup Error - Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: classpath

Hello

I am new to Mahout. I recently compiled Mahout without any errors. But when
I try to start Mahout, it is throwing me Errors.

sarafnikit@sarafnikit-VPCEB46FG:/usr/local/mahout-0.4$ ./bin/mahout
MAHOUT_LOCAL is set, so we don't add HADOOP_CONF_DIR to classpath.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: classpath
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: classpath
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
Could not find the main class: classpath. Program will exit.
MAHOUT_LOCAL is set, running locally

I searched the mailing list to find the solution. This is what i found on
the thread http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.mahout.user/13857

mahout script was executing some command classpath, the output of which is
stored in the HADOOP_BINARY_CLASSPATH variable. But I found that this
variable is not being used anywhere else so I ignored the error

Though it does not create any problems while running any program and does
not hamper anything, but it shows bad on the log output and I want to
remove it.

 It would be great, if any one can help me with this.

Thanks & Regards
Nikit Saraf