Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Jason Brown <ja...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/14 23:45:35 UTC

jira ticket assignment

Hey all,

Currently, when a new contributor wants to have a ticket assigned to
themselves, they cannot due to JIRA permissions. The contributor (or
someone on behalf of the contributor) usually needs to contact the
dev-channel and ask for the magical permissions to be granted, and there's
only a handful of folks who can grant that.

Is anyone aware of why this restriction is in place, or feel strongly it
should exist? I'd like to change the JIRA defaults and let anyone assign
themselves to a ticket (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-11950 for an example of another
Apache project that has done this already).

Thoughts?

If no strong objections I'll set up a PMC vote within a day or two.

Thanks,

-Jason

Re: jira ticket assignment

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.
Based on Jason's the INFRA jira (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-11950 ) , it looks like we can
remove the blocker if desired - does anyone have any argument for keeping
it? Or should we just jump to a vote?

Re: jira ticket assignment

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.