Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by KUMAR Vipin <VK...@covansys.com> on 2008/04/07 12:22:34 UTC

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector: No credentials available for NTLM

Hi all

I did the recording (using proxy setting) with JMETER using HTTP Request
HTTPClient for NTLM authentication application. JMETER is not able to
capture the server username and password for server authentication. The
browser is showing error like "HTTP 501 Not implemented / HTTP 505
version Not Supported". In the test plan I added these.

1. HTTP Cookies Manager

2. HTTP Authorization Manager

3. HTTP Header Manger

I got the following error in log file (not related to third
question)....

2008/04/07 15:04:03 WARN  -
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase: Stream closed
2008/04/07 15:04:34 INFO  -
org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthChallengeProcessor: ntlm
authentication scheme selected
2008/04/07 15:04:34 INFO  -
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector: No credentials
available for NTLM <any realm>@intra.india.covansys.com:80
2008/04/07 15:04:34 WARN  -
jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase: Existing Manager
Browser-derived headers superseded by HTTP Header Manager
2008/04/07 15:04:34 INFO  -
org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthChallengeProcessor: basic
authentication scheme selected
2008/04/07 15:04:34 INFO  -
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector: No credentials
available for BASIC 'CVNS.corp.covansys.com'@ihelp.india.covansys.com:80

My questions are...

1.    Why is jmeter not able to capture the username and password for
server authentication?

2.    Why is browser showing "HTTP 501 Not implemented / HTTP 505
version Not Supported"?

3.    Whenever I click on HTTPS on HTTP webpage or I try to open HTTPS
webpage, the browser always show error like "HTTP 501 Not implemented /
HTTP 505 version Not Supported".

I also went through this webpage
(http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/DifferentBehaviour) to solve the
problem but still I am facing the same problem.

Can anyone suggest me what should I do to resolve these problems?

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,

VIPIN KUMAR

Re: org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector: No credentials available for NTLM

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 07/04/2008, KUMAR Vipin <VK...@covansys.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>

>  I did the recording (using proxy setting) with JMETER using HTTP Request
>  HTTPClient for NTLM authentication application. JMETER is not able to
>  capture the server username and password for server authentication. The
>  browser is showing error like "HTTP 501 Not implemented / HTTP 505
>  version Not Supported". In the test plan I added these.
>
>  1. HTTP Cookies Manager
>
>  2. HTTP Authorization Manager
>
>  3. HTTP Header Manger
>

>  I got the following error in log file (not related to third
>  question)....
>

>  2008/04/07 15:04:03 WARN  -
>  org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase: Stream closed
>  2008/04/07 15:04:34 INFO  -
>  org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthChallengeProcessor: ntlm
>  authentication scheme selected
>  2008/04/07 15:04:34 INFO  -
>  org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector: No credentials
>  available for NTLM <any realm>@intra.india.covansys.com:80
>  2008/04/07 15:04:34 WARN  -
>  jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase: Existing Manager
>  Browser-derived headers superseded by HTTP Header Manager
>  2008/04/07 15:04:34 INFO  -
>  org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthChallengeProcessor: basic
>  authentication scheme selected
>  2008/04/07 15:04:34 INFO  -
>  org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector: No credentials
>  available for BASIC 'CVNS.corp.covansys.com'@ihelp.india.covansys.com:80
>

>  My questions are...
>

>  1.    Why is jmeter not able to capture the username and password for
>  server authentication?

It's not implemented. Dunno whether or not it is possible to implement it.

>  2.    Why is browser showing "HTTP 501 Not implemented / HTTP 505
>  version Not Supported"?
>
>  3.    Whenever I click on HTTPS on HTTP webpage or I try to open HTTPS
>  webpage, the browser always show error like "HTTP 501 Not implemented /
>  HTTP 505 version Not Supported".

2 & 3 don't appear to be anything to do with JMeter.

>  I also went through this webpage
>  (http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/DifferentBehaviour) to solve the
>  problem but still I am facing the same problem.
>

>  Can anyone suggest me what should I do to resolve these problems?

Check that the Auth Manager settings are correct; please read

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_Authorization_Manager

carefully to ensure that the Auth Manager is able to match the credentials.