Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Rajeev Moondhra <rm...@netspeak.com> on 2001/03/05 18:08:57 UTC

returning node-set/result-set from XALAN-C extension function

Hi,

I would like my extension function to return a node set that my stylesheet
could capture in a variable and then process it.  I have spent a long time
trying to figure this out in various permutations of xalan-c objects.
However, I still cannot get anything returned to the stylesheet (at best, I
don't get any exception).  I would appreciate if someone could please send
me a code snippet that I need in my extension function.  I understand that
xalan-c does not support extension elements but I only need to return one
node under which I have two children.  When I receive this node in my
stylesheet, I would like to process (simply output) these two subtrees in
different places.  Please remember this is xalan-c and not xalan (java)
where things are much simpler.  Thanks.

-Rajeev Moondhra