Posted to dev@vxquery.apache.org by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org> on 2020/01/09 02:30:29 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Dissolve the VXQuery PMC and move the project to the attic

Hi Riyafa,

As you have seen, there were no replies to this thread for 2.5 months.
It does seem that there is not enough interest to make the project
viable at this point in time.

However,
(a) the VOTE on moving the project to the attic could show a different
result and
(b) the software does not disappear when the project is moved to the
Attic - the project could be forked outside of the ASF or revived within
the ASF (this happened e.g. for XML Beans [5]).

I will start the VOTE today.

Till

[5] https://attic.apache.org/projects/xmlbeans.html