Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2009/06/26 14:56:45 UTC

Re: svn commit: r788654 - in /harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules: archive/src/main/native/archive/windows/ auth/src/main/native/auth/windows/ instrument/src/main/native/instrument/windows/ misc/src/main/native/accessors/windows/ nio/src/main/native/ni...

Thanks Oliver!

Oops.  I meant to fix the windows makefiles before checking in the
luni/build.xml guess it slipped my mind.

BTW, what was the effect of the missing vmi link for nio_char?

Regards,
-Mark.

Posted by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>.
No problem Mark!

I was seeing a missing symbol reported [1] when we linked the nio_char
library, but because we use the /FORCE:UNRESOLVED option we went ahead
with the link anyway and built the libraries, hence did not get a build
break for this. I did not see any runtime failure from this, but I
wouldn't expect to unless I used the particular charset with the failing
symbol (GB18030).

Is there a particular reason we use the /FORCE:UNRESOLVED option? It
feels like it might do more harm than good...

Regards,
Oliver

[1] GB18030.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_VMI_GetVMIFromJNIEnv@4 referenced in function _unLinear

--
Oliver Deakin
Unless stated otherwise above: