Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Fabio Sangiovanni <sa...@nweb.it> on 2013/06/05 12:26:12 UTC

malformed To: header blocks further parsing

Hi everybody,

I'm using spamassassin 3.3.2, along with postfix 2.6.6 and amavisd-new
2.8.0.
The system spamassassin is running on is used primarily for URIDNSBL checks.
Recently I had some messages classified as spam because of these rules:

  *  0.5 NULL_IN_BODY FULL: Message has NUL (ASCII 0) byte in message
  *  0.1 MISSING_MID Missing Message-Id: header
  *  1.8 MISSING_SUBJECT Missing Subject: header
  *  1.4 MISSING_DATE Missing Date: header

The problem is that the body is not null at all, and headers aren't
missing: what happens here is that the To: header contains chinese
characters that are not in encoded word format and that interfere with
spamassassin's parsing.
This is a problem because the mail body can't be checked against other
rules.

Is there a way to fix this, other than changing MUA's behaviour to
encode the message properly? How can I have spamassassin to parse the
remaining part of the message in such conditions?

Configuration follows (please let me know if you need further information):

loaded plugins:

loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Check
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Rule2XSBody

local.cf:

trusted_networks 192.168/16
internal_networks 192.168/16
skip_rbl_checks 1
use_learner 0
use_bayes 0
use_bayes_rules 0
bayes_auto_learn 0
score        URIBL_SBL    5
score        URIBL_DBL_SPAM    5
score        URIBL_DBL_REDIR    5
score        URIBL_DBL_ERROR    5
score        URIBL_SC_SURBL    5
score        URIBL_WS_SURBL    5
score        URIBL_PH_SURBL    5
score        URIBL_MW_SURBL    5
score        URIBL_AB_SURBL    5
score        URIBL_JP_SURBL    5
score        URIBL_BLACK    0
score        URIBL_RED    0
score        URIBL_GREY    0
score        URIBL_BLOCKED    0

Re: malformed To: header blocks further parsing

Posted by Fabio Sangiovanni <sa...@nweb.it>.
Il 06/06/13 11:51, Matteo Dessalvi ha scritto:
> Hi Fabio.
>
> Have you tried also the 'Language options' of SpamAssassin? Like the one
> described here: http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.2.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html#language_options
>
> Matteo
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I totally misunderstood SpamAssassin's rule description: it was
referring to a NUL byte in the body, not to a body with a lenght of 0
bytes. SpamAssassin's parsing is working perfectly :)

Thanks again,

Fabio

Re: malformed To: header blocks further parsing

Posted by Matteo Dessalvi <mt...@yahoo.it>.
Hi Fabio.