Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by "Holderby, Brandon" <BH...@roseville.ca.us> on 2022/07/27 13:59:28 UTC

Guac connection history via syslog

Hello again,

Is there an easy way to get the connection history usernames/connections out into plain text via syslog?

We have guacd piped out via syslog and can see the usernames/connections via rdp etc, although it appears they may be hashed?

[cid:image001.png@01D8A186.69A5C1F0]

Is there a way to see these usernames/connections in plain text?

A different log somewhere?

It appears the web interface is doing a GET to a mysql database for this info?

Any advice helps!

Re: Guac connection history via syslog

Posted by "Holderby, Brandon" <BH...@roseville.ca.us>.
Thanks much, I’ll give it a go

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 27, 2022, at 7:15 AM, Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> wrote:

EXTERNAL: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click on any links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2022 at 9:59 AM Holderby, Brandon <BH...@roseville.ca.us>> wrote:
Hello again,

Is there an easy way to get the connection history usernames/connections out into plain text via syslog?

We have guacd piped out via syslog and can see the usernames/connections via rdp etc, although it appears they may be hashed?

[image001.png]

Is there a way to see these usernames/connections in plain text?

A different log somewhere?

It appears the web interface is doing a GET to a mysql database for this info?

Guacd has no knowledge of the name of the user who is accessing the connection (this may actually change with GUACAMOLE-1293, to some extent). The Tomcat logs may contain the information you're looking for - you can check catalina.out and see if it's got what you want. If the information is there, you'll just need to redirect the Tomcat output to syslog and you should have it.

-Nick

RE: Guac connection history via syslog

Posted by "Holderby, Brandon" <BH...@roseville.ca.us>.
Working great with a conf file setup to read catalina.out via imfile module

Appreciate it

[cid:image003.png@01D8A19A.6077A940]

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.